Listing samples which are not matched by any tags?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 3 20:54:46 CET 2013

Hi Gwern,

Am Donnerstag, den 31.10.2013, 11:57 -0400 schrieb Gwern Branwen:
> So my self-experiment will soon end and I will be extracting my arbtt
> records for analysis. I'd like the classification to be reasonably
> comprehensive, and while my current set of tags seems fairly
> comprehensive, I don't know how many non-idle samples are being
> ignored or omitted from the stats.
>
> I can run arbtt-stats but it only gives me summaries by tag, and not
> access to untagged raw samples which I can look at and write new rules
> to include in order to improve classification coverage and get more
> accurate numbers.

I see the the problem, but I’m not sure if “untagged” is a useful notion
– for example, I have tags based on time-of-day, or “current program”,
so obviously there will always be some tag for each sample.

So maybe you mean “not tagged by any of these tags t1,..,tn”? In that
case, can’t you just run
$ arbtt-stats -x t1 -x t2 -x t3
and see what is left over?

Greetings,