'arbtt-stats: Prelude.(!!): index too large' when running arbtt-stats

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Jun 23 15:12:50 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2015, 15:23 +0300 schrieb Jason Mule:
> arbtt-dump works up to a certain point and then the same error is
> thrown.
>
> arbtt-recover complains with the following error:
> "Failed to read value at position 35696:
>   Unsupported TimeLogEntry version tag 87"
>
> and many more like this.

So the log is corrupt. This sometimes happens, but never to me...

It also means the problem is independent of your categorize.cfg, which
is only used later on.

Your best bet is to let arbtt-recover run and follow the instructions
in the manpage:

       arbtt-recover tries to read the data samples
       recorded by arbtt-capture(1), skipping over
       possible broken entries. A fixed log file is
       written to ~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered. If the
       recovery was successful, you should stop
       arbtt-capture and move the file to
       ~/.arbtt/capture.log.

Ideally, you should only lose a few broken entries in the log this way.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner