Visualizing Daily Usage Statistics

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 30 19:17:00 CET 2014

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 28.11.2014, 15:49 +0530 schrieb rejuvyesh:

> I wrote a `d3.js` based visualization for daily arbtt usage. Currently
> just works on very simple categorization. Thought could be helpful to
> the community. Suggestions (especially to make it more generalized)
> are most welcome:
>
> https://github.com/rejuvyesh/dailystats

this looks very cool, thanks for sharing!

I like how this is the beginning of small ecosystem around arbtt, where
you don’t have to wait for me to implement your particular feature.

If I run it with my own `categorize.cfg` it seems to miss something
about “totaltime”. Can you document what special tags your tool demands?
Or maybe we can find a way for you to get that information some other
way?

Are there other assumptions made, e.g. that tags are assigned
exclusively?

The current setup with the gh-pages branch is a bit strange. It would be
nice if the user could simply run one command and get usable output
in ./out or somewhere.

It seems that opening the html files from the local path does not help,
at least not here. A neat trick is to run
        python -m SimpleHTTPServer
in that directory. Maybe worth adding to the README?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner