Time Formatting

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Feb 10 23:53:28 CET 2014

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 09.02.2014, 15:35 -0800 schrieb Ian Wojtowicz:
> I would like to see future versions of arbtt improve the data export
> functionality so we can chain this great utility to reporting and
> visualization tools.

Sure, any suggestions are welcome.

> One small request would be to change the time format from ##h##m##s to
> ##:##:##. This would improve compatibility with most over software
> systems.

This has come up so often now, I guess it’s about time (pun intended):
https://bitbucket.org/nomeata/arbtt/issue/7/machine-readable-time-format

Do you agree that for human-readable output, the current output is
easier to read, given the wildly varying ranges, from seconds to weeks?

> The other request is about CSV exporting. I'm not sure what the best
> solution would be, but I would like to be able to export project and
> tag stats by time periods. For example, at the end of a week or work,
> I'd like to be able to export a series of daily values for a set of
> projects and tags.
>

> Right now, this requires a lot of manual editing of CSV files. It
> should be simpler...

there are so many different way of generating reports, so we’ll have to
see which are generally useful, or how to make the reporting
compositional.

Have you tried
$ arbtt-stats --for-each=day --filter='$date >= 2014-02-01'
which can be combined with your favorite report, and also with
--output-format=csv – seems to be what you need.

(You need to run the repository version for that, though.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner