several feature suggestion

Oren Gampel oren at orengampel.com
Sat Dec 28 11:07:40 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm using arbtt for a week with great results.

I would like to suggest some features that may be helpful to others as well:

1) --local-z flag for arbtt-dump that will print each TimeLogEntry at the
local timezone

2) Workspace logging. I've seen it implemented in other time trackers,
although I have no idea how difficult it is to implement it for the
different environments.
I'm using KDA with Plasma Desktop. I
get (True,"plasma-desktop","plasma-desktop") entries but since there is no
desktop number or name there is not much analysys that can be done. Using
different     workspaces for different tasks is extremely common in
multiple workspace/desktop environments and can add very good basis for
analysing time usage.
Since I only saw few (True,"plasma-desktop","plasma-desktop") and much
more (False,"plasma-desktop","Plasma"), I suspect the true entry is logged
only when the workspace switch is happening, although I'm not sure.

3) --list-titles flag for arbtt-stats that will show for specified tag all
the titles it has. I often find myself "debugging" by adding
...:$current.title just to see all the titles and this feature would be
easier than changing the cfg every time.

Thanks for the effort and making this public!
Oren