Listing samples which are not matched by any tags?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Nov 3 23:31:25 CET 2013

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 03.11.2013, 15:00 -0500 schrieb Gwern Branwen:
> I wouldn't expect that to work because it wouldn't tell me what
> samples were failing to be matched so I could write rules which
> *would* tag them, and in any case, that command doesn't seem to do
> anything useful for me:
>
>     $ arbtt-stats -x WWW -x IRC -x PDF -x Rec -x Umineko -x Music -x SRS
>     Total time per tag
>     ==================
>     Tag_|_Time_|_Percentage_
>     $
>
> I am fairly sure that my arbtt logs back to 9 September 2013 are not
> 100% completely covered by my existing rules. Did that strategy yield
> anything useful for you?

Indeed, listings tags of samples that don’t have tags is not
helpfull :-). The matching works (minimal categorize.cfg that only
assigns one tag):

$ arbtt-stats --categorizefile=categorize.cfg  --also-inactive -x Editing-Haskell  --information
General Information
===================
                       FirstRecord | 2009-08-21 10:16:44.951741 UTC
                        LastRecord | 2013-11-03 22:24:28.175547 UTC
                 Number of records |                         664589
               Total time recorded |                  461d12h29m00s
               Total time selected |                  455d21h33m00s
   Fraction of total time recorded |                            30%
   Fraction of total time selected |                            30%
Fraction of recorded time selected |                            99%

But now you surely want to know what these selected samples look like,
right? That leads us to the discussion we had on the list with Waldir
in June: What should the tool like like that combines the dumping of
arbtt-dump with the sample selection of arbtt-stats... I’m unsure about
the proper design here.

Greetings,
Joachim

--