Data.Binary.Get.runGetState at position 296: demandInput: not enough bytes

Henk te Sligte htesligte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:36:49 CET 2013

Hi Joachim,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de
> wrote:

> Dear Henk,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 31.10.2013, 10:10 +0100 schrieb Henk te Sligte:
>

> >         Does arbtt-recover go through? What does it print?
> >

> > arbtt-recover goes through but I remember having errors as well when
> > working with a larger log file. I might be wrong though, I'm not sure
> > about this. In this case, I don't get errors:
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~> arbtt-recover
> > Found header, continuing... (38513 bytes to go)
>
> Interesting; why does arbtt-recover not mention the errors?
>
> > In this case I don't get errors after renaming capture.log.recovered
> > to capture.log. I'm definitely sure I did get the demandInput: not
> > enough bytes error before with a larger log file.
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> mv capture.log capture.old
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> mv capture.log.recovered capture.log
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> arbtt-stats
> > Total time per
> > tag
> > ==================
> > Tag_|_Time_|_Percentage_
>
> Are there really no tags listed output, or did you cut it of from the
> log?

No, there are no tags listed, but the categorize.cfg is also near empty,
and the logfile itself is very minimal. So I didn't expect any output.

> > (in case you were wondering why I didn't use --logfile:)
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~> arbtt-stats
> > --logfile=~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered
> > arbtt-stats: ~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered: openBinaryFile: does not
> > exist (No such file or directory)
>
> This way, the bash does not resolve ~, try
>         --logfile ~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered
> or give a path without ~ (relative or absolute).
>

> >         When you remove the log file and start with a fresh file, does
> >         arbtt-stats immediately give the error message, or only after
> >         it has
> >         been running for a while?
> >

> > Yes, it starts immediately with the same error:
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> rm capture.log
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> (arbtt-capture &)
> > henk at linux-lu3t:~/.arbtt> arbtt-stats
> > arbtt-stats: Data.Binary.Get.runGetState at position 429: demandInput:
> > not enough bytes
>
> Weird. Can you send me such a minimal file that produces the error?

Sure, I attached the file with this email.

The odd thing is, I just tried installing arbtt on Arch Linux (with cabal)
and it doesn't return any errors, it just seems to work properly. I checked
the locale settings, but they are both en_US.UTF-8. That was the only thing
I could imagine giving issues.

Greetings,
Henk te Sligte