Data.Binary.Get.runGetState at position 296: demandInput: not enough bytes

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Oct 30 18:46:32 CET 2013

Dear Henk,

Am Mittwoch, den 30.10.2013, 12:13 +0100 schrieb Henk te Sligte:
> I am trying to get arbtt working, but whatever I do, I keep getting
> the error:
> arbtt-stats: Data.Binary.Get.runGetState at position 296: demandInput: not enough bytes
>

> I have removed the log file, I have tried to run arbtt-recover, I have
> installed it with and without cabal, but I keep getting this error.
>
> The only way I can find out what windows have been running on my
> system is by running arbtt-dump | more and trying to read the active
> window manually. Is there something I am doing wrong?

you are now the second user reporting this error, and you even tried
various things that I would recommend... but unfortunately, I don’t have
a good idea what might be causing this.

What version of arbtt are you using?

When you run arbtt-dump, do you also get the error message?

Does arbtt-recover go through? What does it print?

When you remove the log file and start with a fresh file, does
arbtt-stats immediately give the error message, or only after it has
been running for a while?

Did you modify the sample rate?

Greetings,
Joachim