arbtt as a library?

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Mon Sep 30 13:08:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

Loving arbtt, but ultimately I want to be shoveling the data I capture
with it into other tools. An immediate goal is to have Beeminder watch
over things to make sure I don't do too much of them. As such, it would
be nice if I could capture with arbtt-capture, and then query this data
myself in my own applications.

I'm thinking of an API that basically does what arbtt-report does, but I
give it either a single rule, or a rule file as a AST, and I get back a
list of matches.

Is there any interest/prior work in doing this?

As an aside, I thought I could make do with the csv output, but I can't
pipe that:

ollie at io ~> arbtt-stats -c IRC --output-format=csv | grep -i haskell
arbtt-stats: ioctl: invalid argument (Invalid argument)

- ocharles