Some feedback

Waldir Pimenta waldir at email.com
Tue Jun 25 03:47:30 CEST 2013

That's excellent, thanks a lot! I do agree that arbtt-dump should be kept
separate from the categorization, but on the other hand I assume it will be
faster for arbtt to output a subset of its entries directly than to, say,
pipe the whole output to grep. Could there be a simple grep-like (regex
support would be ideal but simple string matching would already be great)
ability to limit arbtt-dump's output to entries whose program or title
match a given search?

Also, in the human-readable output, I think it would be nice to omit
timestamp components that are smaller than arbtt's set frequency. For
example, if arbtt is set to use the default frequency of one sample per
minute, it doesn't make sense to have every entry showing the seconds,
since they'll be the same for every entry. Even if this would make the
logic too complicated, a simple removal of the sub-second resolution time
data would be useful for readability (again, for the human output format),
IMO.

Finally, a nitpick: isn't interoperability (rather than operability) the
right term for describing the rationale for JSON output?

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de