arbtt: window titles not captured (x/kubuntu 11.10 reps / cabal 0.6.1-2 / X11-1.5.0.0)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jan 30 17:33:38 CET 2012

Dear Marcus,

Am Montag, den 30.01.2012, 08:05 +0100 schrieb Marcus Uneson:
> Everything work as expected on a fresh Ubuntu install
> on another machine with locale en_DK.UTF-8.
> After removing non-en_DK packages on my own machine,
> copying /etc/default/locale and /etc/environment
> from the untouched system and running locale-gen,
> everything works there as well.
>
> I was unable to track down the precise problem and have now
> run out of motivation,
> but it seems that you can create conflicting locale definitions and live with
> them for quite a while before anyone notices.
> So, sorry for taking your time for an error which wasn't
> related to arbtt.

glad you figured it out, and don’t worry about taking my time; I am
happy to hear that people use arbtt.

> Since I may not be world-unique in having misconfigured locales
> without knowing,  you may wish to consider keeping a warning, perhaps
>
> 5c5
> < import Graphics.X11.Xlib.Extras
> ---
> > import Graphics.X11.Xlib.Extras
> 20a21,22
> >         loc <- supportsLocale
> >         unless loc $ hPutStrLn stderr "arbtt [Warning]: locale unsupported"

Thanks, I applied that to the repo, it will be included with the next
release (whenever that might be :-)).

enjoy arbtt (and make sure you don’t share your capture file ;-)),
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de  |  nomeata at debian.org  |  GPG: 0x4743206C