arbtt: window titles not captured (x/kubuntu 11.10 reps / cabal 0.6.1-2 / X11-1.5.0.0)

Marcus Uneson marcus.uneson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:05:47 CET 2012

Hi again,

Everything work as expected on a fresh Ubuntu install
on another machine with locale en_DK.UTF-8.
After removing non-en_DK packages on my own machine,
copying /etc/default/locale and /etc/environment
from the untouched system and running locale-gen,
everything works there as well.

I was unable to track down the precise problem and have now
run out of motivation,
but it seems that you can create conflicting locale definitions and live with
them for quite a while before anyone notices.
So, sorry for taking your time for an error which wasn't
related to arbtt.

Since I may not be world-unique in having misconfigured locales
without knowing,  you may wish to consider keeping a warning, perhaps

5c5
< import Graphics.X11.Xlib.Extras
---
> import Graphics.X11.Xlib.Extras
20a21,22
>         loc <- supportsLocale
>         unless loc $ hPutStrLn stderr "arbtt [Warning]: locale unsupported"

cheers,

Marcus