arbtt: window titles not captured (x/kubuntu 11.10 reps / cabal 0.6.1-2 / X11-1.5.0.0)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Jan 28 04:50:31 CET 2012

Dear Marcus,

Am Samstag, den 28.01.2012, 00:07 +0100 schrieb Marcus Uneson:
> So the problem is error code -2, XLocaleNotSupported:
>
> http://www.unix.com/man-page/All/3x/XwcTextListToTextProperty/
>
>[..]
>
> So it is clear what the error is. Does someone with more locale chops
> know what to do about it?

hmm, not really. I am using a similar locale (de_DE.utf8), so it is
really strange that it fails for you.

An alternative would be to use Xutf8TextPropertyToTextList instead,
which does not depend on the current locale. Unfortunately, it is not
provided by X11, so one would have to add it there; or add it in arbtt
(which should be fine).

Do you feel like trying that out? You’d need to copy

foreign import ccall unsafe "XlibExtras.h XwcTextPropertyToTextList"
    xwcTextPropertyToTextList :: Display -> Ptr TextProperty -> Ptr (Ptr CWString) -> Ptr CInt -> IO CInt

to your code as well, and then modify that to use
Xutf8TextPropertyToTextList instead.

Greetings,
Joachim

--