[Tiptoi] Tiptoi hacking

Bjoern kalle71 at online.de
Sa Dez 30 22:19:27 CET 2017

Hi Matthias,

When I read out the NAND directly by a Raspberry Pi, the data was not
really reliable because some bits always toggled.
Is your reading method giving accurate, reproducable results or are
toggled bits an inherent effect of reading raw data from NANDs (hence
using ECC is mandatory) or ?

I have meanwhile managed to enter the BIOS of the TT. This BIOS offers
the following commands:
- download
- setvalue
- go
- dump

 From what I could see so far, only two memory sections contain data:
section 1:    0x0000'0000 - 0x0000'FFFF
section 2:    0x0800'0000 - 0x0802'FFFF

Section 1 is almost sure the BIOS itself, about the meaning of section 2
I have no idea (RAM?).
If you think it might support you with your efforts, I can describe the
steps for entering the BIOS mode more in detail.

Cheers
Björn