[Tiptoi] Funktioniert euer Tiptoi-Stift ohne Batterien im USB-Storage-Mode?

Ulrich Sibiller ulrich.sibiller at gmail.com
Fr Feb 20 18:31:37 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM, st_germain <st_germain at web.de> wrote:
> Am 20.02.2015 um 10:16 schrieb Igor:
>>
>> I think these are the numbers that are printed at side of the battery
>> >compartment (same side as the small holes; the number is visible even
>> >with inserted batteries). For the older pen the number is engraved.
>
> Sorry together for this delayed answer:
>
> Yes, these both pens, are older ones. I think 2 or 3 years old...
> So Uli, is right: These both numbers are engraved where the battries get in
> place.

Good. My older pen has a number there that looks like "E" followed by
4 digits (difficult to read).

> So I take another look at these both pens:
> There is a label (Barcode) in side of the top of batterie-hole (on the
> speaker side)
> with a number: AB099287 and AB146935 with are the same in the

These are the serial numbers.

> .tiptoi.log file.  N0038 stands for the firmware they are sold I 'll think.

N0038 is the firmware version for the ZC3202N models. For the ZC3201
v136 ist the current firmware version.

> Because in the http://static.tiptoi.com/db/tiptoi_de_de.xml
> there are these diffrent sections:
>
> <firmware>
> <firmware1>
> <version>136</version>
> <path>
> http://static.tiptoi.com/db/firmware/update encrypt normal freq.upd
> </path>
> <checksum>28F7854A</checksum>
> </firmware1>
> <firmware2>
> <version>38</version>
> <path>
> http://static.tiptoi.com/db/firmware/Update3202_dl.upd
> </path>
> <checksum>39EC05ED</checksum>
> </firmware2>
> <firmware3>
> <version>38</version>
> <path>
> http://static.tiptoi.com/db/firmware/update3202MT.upd
> </path>
> <checksum>3A04DD92</checksum>
> </firmware3>
> </firmware>

Oh, an MT firmware for Germany?  I have not seen this before. So could
it be that this is for the newly discovered 4GB pen?

> Igor, your pen seems to be older then 3 years. Because it was sold with
> firmware 1, version 136 and
> your .tiptoi.log contains 3201 without any Character like N, MT, DL etc...

Hmm, dl could mean "Deutschland", although this is a very uncommon abbreviation.

Please have a look at the firmware page in the Wiki and check, if this
is still correct.

Uli