arbtt-stats: Unsupported TimeLogEntry version tag 0

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Jun 3 23:42:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

thanks for the report.

First of all: You can usually recover from a broken log using
arbtt-recover. But that is not nice if it happens often.

I run arbtt-capture for years now, and I shut down X daily, and haven’t
seen that problem, so there must be more to it –but now idea what.

But you are right: The writing could be more reliable. I guess instead
of always appending, I could append and then write the length somewhere
in the beginning of the file (hoping that writing one word is atomic);
when opening the file again I truncate at that point...

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner