arbtt-stats error

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Sep 26 17:04:05 CEST 2013

Dear Miguel,

Am Donnerstag, den 26.09.2013, 14:14 +0100 schrieb Miguel Negrao:

> I was recently able to run arbtt-stats once, but never worked again.
> Trying to run arbtt-recover I get a long list of error messages[1],
> and after that arbtt-stats still doesn't work. Is it still
> recoverable ?  Do you have to start a clean log ?

It seems that your log file got corrupted at some point, but also that
arbtt-recover succeeded in recovering pats (or most) of it, including
the samples from after that point. You should find the recovered file in
~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered, so try
$ killall arbtt-capture # just to be sure
$ arbtt-stats -i --logfile=~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered
and if the results look promising, then
$ mv ~/.arbtt/capture.log.recovered ~/.arbtt/capture.log
and start arbtt-capure again (e.g. by logging out and in).

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner