arbtt-stats error

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Sep 25 22:07:14 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 25.09.2013, 20:53 +0100 schrieb Oliver Charles:
> On 09/25/2013 05:22 PM, Miguel Negrao wrote:
> > My first post on the list:
> >
> > Whenever I try to use arbtt-stats I tend to get this error:
> >
> > miguel at miguel-MacBookPro:~$ arbtt-stats
> > arbtt-stats: Data.Binary.Get.runGetState at position 170: demandInput:
> > not enough bytes
> >
> > What can I do about it ?
>
> I frequently get this when arbtt-capture is running. 1/10 attempts
> actually work, the rest tend to do this. Stopping arbtt-capture lets me
> run stats.

ok, that is strange; I always have arbtt-capture running and never
observe this behavior.

But I see you are running on a MacBook. I didn’t even know arbtt works
on macs! Does it really capture window titles there?

From a technical point of view I can imagine how that happens: If the
sample is longer than what your OS is happy to write to the file at
once. Maybe I should stop using the very simplistic way of just
appending the samples to the log file and use something more
sophisticated. Or make arbtt-stats more forgiving if the last sample of
the file has not been fully written yet.

@Migel: Do you get the error always, or just sometimes? If always, maybe
your ~/.arbtt/capture.log is broken (in that case, have a look at
arbtt-recover).

Greetings,
Joachim

--