arbtt, process accounting

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Feb 27 21:16:07 CET 2012

Hello Ryan,

I hope you don’t mind moving this discussion to the arbtt mailing list.

Am Montag, den 27.02.2012, 11:37 -0800 schrieb Ryan Lovett:
> Have you considered using Linux's BSD process accounting as an additional
> data source? The actual CPU user time might be relevant to what you're
> doing. ("how busy was this application when I was using it?")

I did not think about this yet. It should be possible (although one
first has to figure out a way to map windows to process IDs), but I’m
not entirely sure about the usefulness of the data. Can you describe a
more concrete usecase?

(I’ll be traveling this week, so my replies might come late.)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner